I had to produce the video for this painting again, because the background music I`ve used is now licensed and not freely available anymore. This acrylic painting I painted in December 2016. First, I primed the canvas with acrylic paint (white and crimson). Then I glazed the picture with a mixture of little oil paint (crimson) and a lot of Medium W (Schmincke). Several days later I dabbed the lights in the background with a sponge brush on the canvas. For that I used oil paint in titanium white and crimson. After another drying phase I was able to paint the Christmas balls. First, I pre-painted the Christmas balls with a white watercolor pencil. Then I painted the contours with silver acrylic paint. Because the Christmas balls should be made of glass, I have indicated the spherical shape with white acrylic paint.
– stretched canvas by ProArt 30 x 40 cm
– oil paints by Daler-Rowney from the series Graduate in Titanium White and Crimson
– acrylic paints by ProArt in Silver and Crimson, and by Ferrario in White from the series Acrilic Master
– a sponge brush by Meyco 25 mm
– round synthetic brush No. 0 brand?, filbert brush synthetic No. 6 by Daler-Rwoney from the series Graduate
– medium W by Schmincke
– watercolor pencil in White by Faber-Castell from the series Albrecht Dürer
Video production – Doreen Gehrke
Music – Away In A Manger von Audionautix ist unter der Lizenz „Creative Commons Attribution“ (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) lizenziert.