In 2005 I was in Stavanger / Norway for a few weeks to do an internship there for my studies. Near the town you can visit the Swords in the Rock (Svord i Fjell) – a popular destination for tourists. As I chose a very small panel, only 18 x 13 cm tall, it was difficult for me to paint the swords. Good that they are not very straight in their shape in reality. But next time, when I want to paint so many details again, I will choose a bigger panel or a bigger canvas. I also have to be more disciplined, to paint only in good light conditions and not to paint something quickly just because I do not have that much time. The result is important. Might be that in the future I will not be able to present a painting every week.
– canvas panel by ProArt, 18 x 13 cm
– oil paints by Nevskaya Palitra Master Class in Titanium White, Strontium Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cadmium Red Light, Mars Brown Light, Phtalocyanine Blue, Lamp Black
– linceed oil by Nevskaya Palitra
– flat brush No. 2 by Artify, 5/0 round brush by Bomega, flat shader No. 6 by Daler-Rowney, filbert brush No. 4 by Daler-Rowney, 1/2 oval wash (mop) by Daler-Rowney series Graduate, 10/0 Spotter by Daler-Rowney series Graduate
– Bob Ross odorless paint thinner
Video production – Doreen Gehrke
Music – Don`t Look by Silent Partner YouTube Audio Library